Types of Leukemia, Leukemia Types | 4 Major Types of Leukemia Cancer: Cancer of blood cells is the most common cancer in humans. Cancer cells in blood cancer increase their numbers at unusual speed. Their size also changes. These cells also reduce the body’s immune capacity. This makes the body weak against infection. Complaining of frequent throat cancer in leukemia blood cancer is quite common. There are Various Leukemia Types –
Types of Leukemia
Four Major kind of Leukemia Cancer
|Lymphocytic leukemia||Acute lymphoblastic leukemia||Chronic lymphocytic leukemia|
|Myelogenous leukemia||Acute myelogenous leukemia||Chronic myelogenous leukemia|
- Acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
- Chronic myeloid leukemia (CML)
- Acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL)
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)
1. Acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL)- It is the most common type of leukemia Cancer found in young children. This disease also affects adults, especially those who are 65 years of age or older. Certified treatments include chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
Survival rates vary depending on age: 85% of children and 50% in adults.The preceding bacterial leukemia containing lethal lymphoblastic leukemia, predecessor T fatal lymphoblastic leukemia, bouquet leukemia, and lethal intracellular characteristic.
2. Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)- Usually affects adults over 55 years of age. Occasionally it is found in young adults, but it does not affect children almost. Two-thirds of affected from this Primary Type of Leukemia Cancer are men. The five-year survival rate is 75%.
It is incurable, but many effective treatments are also available. A subtype B-cell is prolymphocytic leukemia that spreads very rapidly. So CLL is the another dangerous Leukemia Type.
3. Acute myeloid leukemia (AML)- Except for children, it is found in adults, and more commonly in women than men. Treatment of AML (AML) is done by chemotherapy. The survival rate for five years is 40%. The substance of the AML includes fatal promilocytic leukemia, lethal myeloblastic leukemia, and malignant megakaryriablastic leukemia.
4. Chronic myeloid leukemia (CML)– This type of leukemia blood cancer mainly found in adults. This disease also develops in a very small number of children. It is treated with the use of imatinib (glyvec) or other medicines. The survival rate for five years is 90%. A subtype is a long-term white blood cell leukemia with a nucleus and granular organism.
So these four are Major & dangerous Leukemia types.
Other Leukemia Types
Apart from these four Primary Types of Leukemia Cancer there are several other types too, which are:
- Hayery cell leukemia (HCL) is sometimes considered to be a small series of CLL, but it does not fit perfectly in this form. Approximately 80% of affected people are adult men. There is no record of the discovery of this disease in small children. HCL is incurable, but it can be easily treated. The rate of survival in ten years is 96% to 100%
- T-cell prolymphocytic leukemia (T-PLL) is a very rarely spreading leukemia that affects adults; In some cases more women than men are treated on the basis of the symptom of this disease. Despite all the rarity, this is the most common type of mature T cell leukemia; In all other leukemia, B cells are found. It is difficult to cure and average survival time is measured in months.
- T cells or NK cells can be found in the large granular lymphocytic leukemia; As the Hairy Leukocyte, in which only B cells are found. It is rarely found and inactive (rapidly spreading) leukemia.
Common types of leukemia are treated by medicinal therapy. Some are also treated with radiation therapy. In some cases, bone marrow transplantation is useful. Imatinib, which is a tyrosine kinase inhibitor, has proved useful in the treatment of leukemia.
In 2000, around 256,000 children and adults were suffering from Various Type of leukemia throughout the world and 209,000 people died from it. This shows approximately 0.3% of about 70 million deaths occurring from cancer that year, and any All deaths due to the cause are approximately 0.35%.
After comparing the body in sixteen different sites, Leukemia is the most common class of 12 in the diseases caused by abnormal growth of tissue The 11th most common cause of th disease and cancer death is the most common reason. About 245,000 people in the United States are affected by leukemia Blood Cancer.
Also Read : Leukemia Diagnosis and Treatment
If you still have any doubt or query regarding Types of Leukemia kindly write on comment box as given below, Leukemia Helpline team will try to solve your query. Thanks!